Monday, August 9, 2010

I will not be quiet. Just so y'all know.

So since I've been antagonizing religious folk on the internet quite a few Christians have told me something to the effect of "It's fine for you to be an atheist, but you shouldn't try to force your beliefs on other people." When people tell me this at first it makes me mad, then it makes me chuckle, and then I get mad again.

Since my intent is usually to offend religious nuts, I won't pull any punches or mince words here: people who tell me that are hypocrites.

To simplify things I'll address the rest of this post to those people.

First off, you are followers of a religion of which evangelism is a core tenet. You are supposed to force your beliefs on other people. The Bible tells you to. You don't have a problem with the act of forcing one's beliefs on others, you have a problem with my beliefs. Christians talk about God all the time, and hardly ever are they called on it. As long as Christians are talking about how much they love God I will continue to talk about how much I hate him.

Second, I am an American, and so are virtually all of you. As an American, I have the right to bash your religion, whether or not you agree with me. So either admit that you don't really support the First Amendment or be quiet. You can bash atheism all you want, too, but don't tell me that I'm wrong for talking about it.

You might ask, "Well why can't you just leave us alone?" If you were a bunch of peaceful Buddhists meditating in the woods then I probably would. But you're not, you're a member of a religion whose history is drenched in the blood of dissenters. Christianity has been a dangerous and detrimental plague on society for thousands of years, and until you collectively stop killing and oppressing your fellow humans, I will continue to speak out against you.

I will not be silent and I will not leave you alone.

No comments: