Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cabbages and Kings

Or Chronicles and Kings, actually. I've just read 1 & 2 Kings this last week, and now I'm slogging through the Chronicles. And I've noticed something. They're practically the same thing! Not exactly, Kings talked more about certain people and subjects than Chronicles and vice versa, but they're extremely similar.

Does anyone know why there are 4 whole books where a couple would have probably gotten the job done? I haven't done any research at all, the answers probably easy to obtain, but I'm feeling particularly lazy today.

Well I'm gonna go read some more Chronicles. It's not really light and airy reading, so it's taking me a while to get through. I might look up the Kings/Chronicles issue later. Just leave this page open and hit F5 every few minutes if the mood strikes you. I may update later, who knows.

No comments: